Thursday, June 23, 2005

If Nothing Were Ever Lost



I am pleased to announce the following additions to my links section (at right):

Ed Koch's film reviews
Information on rats (for good measure)
Washington's greatest edifice

The link above will take you to Koch's current reviews ("Cinderella Man" and "Deep Blue"), while the permanent link in the sidebar links to a Google search of thevillager.com for his past reviews. (If you ask me, he deserves his own page on their site, not merely a section of each issue.)

In other news, my May 2nd stroll down memory lane set into action a remarkable sequence of events. First, I received a facsimile by email of the now infamous Cock Block/Jock Rock photograph. (A Friendster login may be required to view it. Admittedly, the quality isn't perfect, but the message remains loud and clear.)

Next, a University of Arizona professor contacted Halfz (this was before I began allowing comments) to offer us an extra Fuckly poster she had obtained in Paris back in 2002. The other poster, she explained, was framed and hanging in her husband's office. Ours has yet to arrive, perhaps for wont of postage; I'll have to remind Halfz to ask her if she would like us to send a check. The internets never cease to amaze me.

Finally, the Sports glasses I lost have been replaced, thanks to the good graces of eBay, leaving only the "Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai" Import soundtrack missing from my list. Those eBay ads with the guy finding a wooden tugboat he lost as a child on eBay really do ring true, except in my case the ad would show me leaving my Fuckly poster in my closet in Florence, my sausage-making landlord finding it, looking up "Fuckly" in an English-Italian dictionary, and, perplexedly, putting it up for sale.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home